To make the swimming pool fun and safe for everyone, we ask everyone to
abide by the following rules:
- Swimming is prohibited unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- A shower is required before entering the pool.
- Body lotions and cosmetics are to be washed off before entering the
- All participants must possess a valid pool pass.
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
impairing their judgment or ability will be prohibited from entering the
pool and locker room area.
- Swim suits shall be worn; jeans or cut-offs are not allowed, but
T-shirts are allowed.
- Diapers are not permitted in the pool. Plastic/rubber pants with
elastic waist and legs should be worn under swimsuits.
- Excretion of body fluids and other debris in the pool is
- Persons with open cuts, skin rashes and/or infections will not be
allowed in the pool.
- Hair longer than 6 inches must be securely tied back or a swim cap
must be used.
- Due to possible loss, jewelry is not permitted; emergency medical
tags are exempt.
- Gum, food, beverages, glass and other breakable objects are
prohibited in the pool area and locker rooms.
- Street footwear is prohibited on the deck except in designated
- Participants will be admitted on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Children preschool through eighth grade must be accompanied by a
parent or guardian.
- Beginner and weak swimmers are to remain in the shallow area.
- Personal flotation devices are permitted in the shallow area only
and the user must be accompanied by an adult.
- Feet first entries in the shallow areas only. Diving in water less
then five (5) feet deep is prohibited.
- Running, horseplay or other inappropriate conduct that endangers the
safety of patrons utilizing the pool is not allowed.
- The Bulkhead is off-limits to all patrons.
- Use of the starting blocks is prohibited except during practice and
- All participants must obey the directives of the lifeguard at all
- Be considerate of others at all times.
- Failure to abide by any and all pool rules may result in ejection
from the community swim program.
Questions? Call Athletics Director Larry Gillooley at (518) 382-2511,