Niskayuna programs for your preschooler
Below is a list of programs available to your child from birth to age 5.
For more information about any of these, contact your neighborhood
Birth to Age 5:
- Register your child at birth or when you move into the district.
Register a student
- If you have concerns about your child's development, first speak
with your pediatrician. If you still have questions or concerns, call
Niskayuna's Committee on Preschool Special Education, at (518) 382-2525,
- The 1,000-Book Kid Program is available to all district preschoolers
-- but please note, this program is geared toward four-year-olds.
Through this free program, parents borrow a bag filled with 10 fun,
age-appropriate books to read to their preschoolers. When families are
finished with the books, they return them to the school and can borrow
another bag of books. Bags can be picked up or dropped off before,
during or after school. For more information, call the coordinator of
the program in your student's future elementary school.
- January: Kindergarten registration. Click here for more information.
Please note, students must be five years old on or before Dec. 1 of the
year they enter kindergarten.
- May: Meeting with kindergarten teacher, school psychologist and
- May/June: Kindergarten screening and visitations to the schools.
- August: Kindergarten bus ride -- students and parents/guardians
learn about bus safety and take a practice bus ride during this program.
- September: Additional kindergarten visitations.