- College Admission Exams
- College Exams
for College Admission Exams
Here are some tips from the College Board that will help you do your
- Make sure you have two No. 2 pencils and a soft eraser. Pens and
mechanical pencils are not allowed.
- Have your SAT Admission Ticket and acceptable Photo ID ready. You
will not be allowed in without admission ticket & photo ID
- Check your calulator and put fresh batteries in it.
- Bring a watch to time yourself. Use a watch that has no audible
alarm separate timers are not allowed.
- Prepare snacks to take. A healthy snack will help keep you alert
during the test.
Prepare yourself like an athlete:
- Get plenty of sleep the night before the test. Your brain will work
better if you are rested.
- Eat a good breakfast that morning.
- Leave your cell phone at home. If your phone rings during testing,
it could cost you your scores!
- We strongly advise you not to bring a cell phone or any other
prohibited electronic device to the test center.
- If your electronic device makes any noise, or you are seen using it
at any time including breaks you may be dismissed immediately, your
scores may be canceled, and the device may be confiscated. This policy
applies to any prohibited digital and/or electronic device such as a
BlackBerry , pager, iPod , MP3 player, camera or other photographic
equipment, or separate timers of any kind.
In bad weather, check to see if your test center is open:
- Tune in to your local media, like you do for school closing
announcements. Check online for a list of test center closings.
- Leave early. Get to the test center no later than 7:45 a.m., unless
otherwise noted on your Admission Ticket.
- Go to the center listed on your Admission Ticket.
- Even if it's not your first choice, you are only guaranteed
admission to the test center on your Admission Ticket.
Arrange your ride home ahead of time:
- Your testing may end a little before or after the times listed
below. If you are testing with extended time, ask the supervisor for
approximate finish times.
- For the SAT, plan on being picked up at approximately 12:45 p.m.
- For SAT Subject Tests, plan on being picked up at the following
9:45 a.m. for one test
11:15 a.m. for two tests
12:30 p.m. for three tests
Taking the Test
- Make sure you use a No. 2 pencil.
- Follow the instructions on your answer sheet when filling it out.
- Keep focused.
- Use breaks to eat or drink any snacks you have brought with you.
- Pace yourself.
- Each question counts the same. Don't spend too much time on any one
We wish you all the best on test day!